Description: Teach a classroom section of grade 4, 5, or 6 the subjects Bible, Reading and Language Arts, Math, Science and Health, and U.S. Social Studies. Other classes such as PE, Music, Art, Computer, Spanish, and Honduran Social Studies are taught by other teachers.
Requirements: Education Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level. Professional Certification or ACSI Certification 6 semester hour or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics such as personal characteristics Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
Native English speaker or equivalent
Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross cultural situation.
Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development. Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researches best practices and strategies, and as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
Experience: Educational experience is preferred; student teaching is acceptable.
Teach subjects and classes as assigned using established curriculum along with supplementary materials, field trips, specials guests, etc. to enhance them.
Attend and participate in the following:
- Morning devotions
- Teachers’ meetings
- Evening programs which involve students from his/her section of the school
- Other meetings as assigned
- Do supervisory duty as assigned before, during or after the school day.
- Complete necessary paperwork including the following:
- Daily lesson plans
- Mid-quarter progress reports
- Quarterly reports cards
- Ministry grade sheets
- Inventories of classroom equipment, supplies, and books
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested
- See that assigned classrooms are kept in a neat appearance.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the appropriate principal.
- Be available to any parents or students who wish to have a conference, even before or after school.
Available: August 2022