Job purpose: Work cooperatively in order to support a positive Christian school environment. Supervise on-campus participation of students. Manage a physical classroom environment that is conducive to learning and provides safety in regard to the physical, social, and emotional needs of our students while guiding and encouraging them to develop their academic potential and grow spiritually.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Use the school-provided technology to help the students who are on campus receive the virtually presented instruction
- Be sure that students left in his/her charge in the absence of the teacher are not left unattended.
- Observe students’ academic and social behavior and report any unusual or inappropriate behavior to the classroom teacher, maintaining an open communication with the virtual teacher.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the appropriate principal.
- Keep appropriate records
- Attend and participate in the following:
- Morning devotions (if living on campus)
- Teachers’ meetings
- Evening programs which involve students from his/her section of the school.
- Parent conferences led by the virtual teacher
- Other meetings as assigned.
- Do supervisory duties as assigned before, during or after the school day.
- See that assigned classrooms are kept in a neat appearance.
- Accept responsibility for additional assigned duties as is necessary for the effective operation of ALP.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Completed – Final dose completed 14 days prior
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross cultural situation.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator
- Ability to manage a classroom
Available: November 2021