Posted 3 weeks ago
Counsel and assist students ensuring that they are in a learning environment that guides and encourages them to develop their academic potential and grow spiritually.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accept responsibility for the development of the secondary counseling program.
- Counsel and assist students with emotional, behavioral, and/or psychosocial problems.
- Maintain close communication with parents of students who are being assisted.
- Keep professional and accurate records of all activity with or about counselees.
- Keep each student’s teacher informed of progress and ways in which the teacher can help through verbal and written feedback.
- Keep appropriate administrators informed of student needs as deemed appropriate through regular weekly meetings with supervisors.
- Be available to teachers for conferences with parents.
- Accept responsibility for additional assigned duties as is necessary for the effective operation of A.L.P.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university
- Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level or a minimum of 12 credit hours in education
- Professional Certification or ACSI Certification
- Bachelors from an accredited college (accrediting agency must be approved by the US DOE)
- 30 semester hours in a specialized area
- 6 semester hour or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
- ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education
- Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
- Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross-cultural situation.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current best practices and strategies for counseling students.
- Experience: Experience in an educational setting is preferred