Description: Teach Science to Secondary students.
Job purpose: Work cooperatively in order to support a positive Christian school environment, teach in their field of certification, and assist in other school programs as assigned without repeated reminders. Plan, organize, and implement appropriate instruction in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop their academic potential and grow spiritually.
Requirements: Education Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. Valid credentials from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level. Professional Certification or ACSI Certification 6 semester hours or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
Skills, Abilities, & Other Characteristics:
Born-again Christian, an active member of an Evangelical church, and evidence of good moral character
Native English speaker or equivalent
Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures and work harmoniously and effectively in cross-cultural situations.
Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
Demonstrates continued professional development through coursework, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development. Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current research best practices and strategies, and as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and emotional.
Experience: Educational experience is preferred; student teaching is acceptable.
Attend and participate in the following:
- Morning devotions.
- Teachers’ meetings
- Evening programs that involve students from his/her section of the school.
- Other meetings as assigned.
- Do supervisory duty as assigned before, during or after the school day.
- Complete the necessary paperwork including the following:
- Daily lesson plans
- Mid-quarter progress reports
- Quarterly reports cards
- Ministry grade sheets
- Inventories of classroom equipment, supplies, and books
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested
- See that assigned classrooms are kept in a neat appearance.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the appropriate principal.
- Be available to any parents or students who wish to have a conference, even before or after school.
Available: August 1, 2023