The first emphasis and responsibility of the Spiritual Life Director is the evangelism and spiritual growth of the students of Academia Los Pinares. The second area of emphasis is the spiritual development of the families of students of Academia Los Pinares. While the Spiritual Life Director may at times be asked to assist in certain areas of spiritual development of the teachers and staff of Academia Los Pinares, this is not a primary responsibility of the person in this position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an effective and interesting chapel program for all grades levels.
- Provide individual spiritual counseling to students.
- Provide counseling to families of ALP students when requested.
- Be available to visit ALP families in times of grief and difficult circumstances.
- Encourage students and their families in times of grief and difficult circumstances.
- Oversee the development of meaningful extracurricular spiritual life activities for grades 7-12.
- Organize and carry our two retreats yearly for students in grades 7-12.
- Encourage the participation of other staff members in extracurricular spiritual life activities.
- Assist in preparation of other staff members in extracurricular spiritual life activities.
- Advise the administration in the area of Bible curriculum development and implementation.
- Teach Bible classes when necessary.
- Ensure that all spiritual life related activities and teachings are in accordance with Academia Los Pinares philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Organize morning teacher devotions.
- Formal Bible training
- Formal Bible training
- Specialized knowledge
- Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross cultural situation.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development.
- Working knowledge of the bible, classroom management techniques, and current best practices and strategies.