Activities and Athletics Coordinator
Posted 3 weeks ago
Description: Supervise and coordinate all school activities within the school calendar and in conjunction with the ABSH calendar in order to support a positive school environment. Plan, organize, and implement appropriate activities that encourage students to develop their physical and intellectual potential and grow spiritually.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate all activity programs of ALP.
- Coordinate participation in other extracurricular activities not related to spiritual life such as knowledge bowl, spelling bee, math Olympics, music festival, art festival, science fair, etc.
- Plan and implement effective fundraising activities for extracurricular activities.
- Schedule all extracurricular events for all levels of students.
- Schedule all practices within the facilities available.
- Prepare an annual budget for extracurricular programs.
- Maintain inventory of all athletic supplies, equipment, uniforms, etc., including ordering, maintenance, assignments, etc.
- Secure officials for all hosted extracurricular events.
- Coordinate extracurricular schedules with both organizations in or out of school.
- Schedule transportation as needed.
- Secure coaches and sponsors for teams as needed with the administration’s approval. Provide in-service training and resources as appropriate.
- Maintain records of student and team accomplishments.
- Serve as the school’s representative at meetings related to athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Provide information for parents and the public regarding extracurricular events.
- Conduct coaches’ meetings, observations, and suggestions for improvement.
- Organize and implement invitational tournaments as scheduled.
- Ensure that only eligible students are participating in practices and events.
- Properly register students in all activities.
- Maintain and coordinate with the appropriate principals a program of recognition for participants in extracurricular activities.
- Able to communicate well in both English and Spanish.
- Previous experience in the Honduran athletic system as a player and/or coach would be beneficial.
- Prior experience at Academia Los Pinares would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel to activities in order to help in coordination and supervision.
- Willingness to work with the school administrators.
- Training in coaching or willingness to pursue such training.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with students.
- Good communication skills and an understanding of the workings of the Honduran Athletic system.
- Organizational abilities
- Education: Master’s degree in school administration or certification in activities coordinator
- Specialized knowledge: Bilingual
- A born-again Christian, an active evangelical church member, and evidence of good moral character.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God evidenced by example and spiritual leadership.
- Professional Certification: CAA from ABSH
- Experience: 5 years teaching and/or coaching.
Available: August 2023