To ensure the educational process is uninterrupted in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be on school premises each school day
- Manage individual classroom in teacher’s absence
- Fill in long term if needed
- Keep absences and anecdotal notes for teacher
- Fill in for extra duty if necessary
- Hand out report cards at parent/teacher conferences
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university
- Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level or a minimum of 12 credit hours in education
- Professional Certification or ACSI Certification
- Bachelors from an accredited college (accrediting agency must be approved by the US DOE)
- 18 semester hours in educational studies including 1 secondary methods course (a teaching reading course will also be required if certified in the areas of language arts or social science) and student teaching at the secondary level
- 6 semester hour or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
- ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education
- Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
- Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics
such as personal characteristics
- Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross cultural situation.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researches best practices and strategies, and as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Experience: Educational experience is preferred; student teaching is acceptable.