Description: Teach Science to Secondary students.
Work cooperatively in order to support a positive Christian school environment, teach in their field of certification and assist in other school programs as assigned without repeated reminders. Plan, organize and implement appropriate instruction in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop their academic potential and grow spiritually.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach subjects and classes as assigned using established curriculum along with supplementary materials, field trips, specials guests, etc. to enhance them.
- Attend and
participate in the following:
- Morning devotions.
- Teachers’ meetings
- Evening programs which involve students from his/her section of the school.
- Other meetings as assigned.
- Do supervisory duty as assigned before, during or after the school day.
necessary paperwork including the following:
- Daily lesson plans
- Mid-quarter progress reports
- Quarterly reports cards
- Ministry grade sheets
- Inventories of classroom equipment, supplies, and books
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested
- See that assigned classrooms are kept in a neat appearance.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the appropriate principal.
- Be available to any parents or students who wish to have a conference, even before or after school.
- Hold conferences with parents on Parent-Teacher Conference Days in accordance with guidelines established by the principal.
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university
- Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level or a minimum of 12 credit hours in education
- Professional Certification or ACSI Certification
- Bachelors from an accredited college (accrediting agency must be approved by the USBOE)
- 18 semester hours in educational studies including 1 secondary methods course (a teaching reading course will also be required if certified in the areas of language arts or social science) and student teaching at the secondary level
- 6 semester hour or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
- ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education
- Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school Education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
- Skills, Abilities, & Other characteristics
such as personal characteristics
- Born-again Christians, active members of an Evangelical church, and give evidence of good moral character
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross cultural situation.
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students.
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Take problems to the appropriate administrator.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researches best practices and strategies, and as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Experience: Educational experience is preferred; student teaching is acceptable.